At times, I will have a beer at night if I have had a migraine during the day. It just levels off the stress and pain, and makes the shoulders go down a bit.
I really enjoy wine, but wine and migraines just never sound good together for me.
With it being cherry season here now, I’m thinking the next time I get a migraine, a cherry margarita may just have to be in order.
Migraine or no migraine, pretty sure these will be in my near future again.
- About 3 cups of fresh cherries, pitted. (Use a pitter bought at a store, or if you don’t have a pitter, see here for an easy way to pit them)
- 1 can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup of tequila (more or less depending on your preference)
- Triple Sec if you have it, about 1/2 cup (this will not make or break the drink, still make it if you don’t have it!)
- 1 cup or so of water (lessen or add as you prefer the consistency of your margarita)
- Lots of ice, about 2 cups at least
Blend well, pour in a cool glass, and enjoy! Delicious, and cherries have the benefit of being an anti-inflammatory!
What migraine? (ha ha, I wish!)